- Clarify values, goals and priorities
- Chart course to professional achievement
- Break through barriers/fears/doubts
- Discover true potential and answers within
- Focus on the way forward (what/when to do it)
- Be more fulfilled at work and home
- Create a shared vision, direction and follow through
- Become accountable for achieving team actions/goals
- Achieve higher levels of performance/targets
- Discover team potential and solutions from the group
- Focus on the collective way forward
- Build confidence and respect for team and management
Coaching is not therapy or counseling. It is rooted in psychology (and Coaching techniques often use psychological material) but should not be mistaken for therapeutic intervention.
Coaching is similar to consulting and mentoring but there are big differences. Consultants tend to give advice whilst coaches help clients uncover their own solutions. Mentors pass on the benefit of a specific experience/expertise whilst coaches provide skills that have a much broader scope of application.
Coaching is a collaborative commitment to forward thinking and forward actions. It is focused on strengths not weaknesses and takes a look at the current and future not the past. Coaching inspires awareness and celebrates the possibility of what is and can be achieved.